Thursday, May 24, 2012

In Hong Kong


Hong Kong is a place I have already had the pleasure of visiting, however I would Looooovve yo visit this wonderful, amazing city again [live there, yes!]. It is such a beautiful pace, especially for a city. It is the first city I have walked in day and night in which I felt safe, comfortable and welcome. Even compared to my native land metropolis'. I had the privilege of dining local cuisine at the small town to large restaurants, and also with some amazing locals and their favorites. I also had the pleasure to stroll through several amazing cultural points of interest. One of my favorites was a Kowloon Market, talk about fun. And the items for bargaining of all sort of variety blew my mind. Walking along the beaches and the harbour was a total different, yet familiar, experience. I also was pleased to experience the religious aspect of this wonderful country. A nunnery with amazing bonsai trees surrounding the lily pad litter pools; a traditional Japanese garden; a traditional temple in the middle of a busy cityscape; and climbing the stairs to Giant Buddha in the Po Lin Monastery above Tai O village on Lantau Island. It was great and I cannot wait to go back and experience more of the culture and celebrations that I missed the first time, and maybe visit the places I have already been!

No comments:

Post a Comment